DIRECTIONS: Write a well-organized composition on the topic below.
In many works of literature, family plays an important role. Each family has a power structure, with different members holding varying degrees of power.
From the novels, short stories, full-length plays, films, and poems you have read, choose a work that depicts a family with a clear power structure. Using specific references from the work, describe the relationship between two or more family members, discuss how power is distributed among these members, and explain how this power structure relates to the central theme of the work. Give the title and the author of the work.
As you write your composition, remember to:
- Give the title and the author of the work.
- Focus on the relationship between two or more family members.
- Give specific examples, reasons, and details from the work to explain the power distribution among these members and how this is central to the overall work.
- Give any necessary plot information but avoid giving a plot summary.
- Write in complete sentences.
- Write coherent and well-developed paragraphs.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.