DIRECTIONS: Write a well-organized composition on the topic below.
People sometimes dream about goals that they would like to attain or things that they want but think they’ll never have. Sometimes, though, with a little work and imagination, it is possible to realize a goal that had seemed impossible.
Recall an experience you had in which you were able to realize a goal that you had previously believed was beyond your reach. Consider the effect that this accomplishment had on you. In a developed essay, tell the story of this experience, explain how it affected you, and reflect upon its overall significance to your life.
As you write your composition, remember to:
- Tell the story of this experience.
- Describe your goal and how you reached it.
- Locate this story in time.
- Use specific details to engage the audience.
- Show how the experience affected you and its significance in your life.
- Write in complete sentences.
- Write coherent, well-developed paragraphs.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.