DIRECTIONS: Write a well-organized composition on the topic below.
There are times in our lives when the advice or suggestions we received from others have an influence on us. Often we learn how to appreciate the advice well after the time it was received.
Remember a time when you received significant advice from of a loved one, a friend, or relative – anyone else. In a developed essay, tell the story of receiving this advice and how it influenced you. Reflect upon how this advice changed you or your perspective on life.
As you write your composition, remember to:
- Tell the story of a time when you received advice.
- Locate this story in time.
- Use specific details to engage the audience.
- Show how the advice changed you or your perspective on life.
- Write in complete sentences.
- Write coherent, well-developed paragraphs.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.