DIRECTIONS: Write a well-organized composition on the topic below.
There are times in our lives when we take important things for granted. Often we learn how to appreciate these people or things once we lose them.
Remember a time when you experienced a significant loss—loss of a loved one, a friend, or a prized possession, or any other kind of loss you can think of. In a developed essay, tell the story of this loss and how it was important to you. Reflect upon how this experience changed you or your perspective on life.
As you write your composition, remember to:
- Tell the story of a time when you experienced a significant loss.
- Locate this story in time.
- Use specific details to engage the audience.
- Show how the experience changed you or your perspective on life.
- Write in complete sentences.
- Write coherent, well-developed paragraphs.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.