DIRECTIONS: Write a well-organized composition on the topic below.
Most teenagers today must adhere to a certain curfew, a time when they are required to return home every evening. Some claim that a curfew is a necessary way of adding structure to a young person’s life; others contend that certain teenagers are responsible enough to determine their own schedules.
Write an editorial either agreeing or disagreeing with the necessity of a curfew for teenagers. Clearly state your opinion and justify it using a series of clear, well-supported points. Make sure to anticipate and address the arguments of the opposing side.
As you write your composition, remember to:
- Clearly state your position.
- Include at least two points that support your position.
- Explain your points using examples and details.
- Address arguments that may be made against you.
- Write in complete sentences.
- Write coherent, well-developed paragraphs.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.