- Helpful Information (4 points)
- Synthesize author information to help understand aspects of the story.
- Explain important allusions
- Link to other resources/critics/comments
- Unfamiliar Words (2 points)
- Give references and contextual clues.
- Link to online sources.
- Plot Summary(2 points)
- Theme (6 points)
- Write one thesis statement, then explain your reasons for arriving at this statement. Offer quotes from the story that support the statement.
- Offer sub-topics and discuss author’s overall purpose, providing quotes from the story in support.
- Main Fiction Elements (6 points)
- Personal Evaluation (6 points)
- Offer a focused personal response to the story.
- Mention merits and weaknesses.
- Consider whether the story fulfilled its purpose as well as your own criteria for good stories.
- Compare/contrast this story with other stories or other media with similar themes.
- Need a response to story idea?
- Answer Critical Questions (4 points)
- “Quotable Quotes” (4 points)
- Provide a list of key quotations.
- Publish Study Guide (6 points)
- Attend to details that enhance the document.
- Master key functions of productivity software.
- Attachments (Extra Credit)
- Creative Response. Include a creative response (RAFTS, sequel, dramatization, interview, scene, sketch, etc.).
- Any handouts, quizzes, media, electronic material, etc.
ELA 9: A Sunrise on the Veld
ELA 9: Coffee, Snacks, Worms