Students will listen, speak, read, write, view, and represent to:
- Explore thoughts, ideas, feelings, and experiences
- Comprehend literature and other texts in oral, print, visual, and multimedia forms, and respond personally, critically, and creatively.
- Manage ideas and information
- determine inquiry or research requirements
- follow a plan of inquiry
- Create oral, print, visual, and multimedia texts, and enhance the clarity and artistry of communication
- Respect, support, and collaborate with others
- Students will produce a body of evidence in response to 2 novels.(see Random Idea Generator)
- Students will internalize focus questions.
- Students will infuse ICT outcomes.
- Students will produce one “Outside the Box” response.
- Students will write a 5 Paragraph Argumentative Essay Exam in response to a teacher selected focus question.
- Students will improve their “TIC” (Technique, Insight, Communication)
Learning Activities and Strategies:
- Group A: JP, BC, AP, JB, BG
- Group B: JC, CA, MM, CM, APr
- Group C: AN, JPo, MP, TS, SdJ
- Group D: NC, KW, CS, JM, SG
- Group E: DL, BR, OH, KY
Students will plan a reading/response strategy.
- select 2 texts
- select focus questions
- map out a response/reading plan to produce a body of evidence
- determine their “Outside the Box” activity.
- must be approved by a group leader and teacher.
Resources and Materials:
- Of Mice and Men
- Why Shoot the Teacher
- The Education of Little Tree
- Never Cry Wolf
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
- Lord of the Flies
- The Chrysalids
- 25% Group Process
- 25% Body of Evidence
- 25% “Outside the Box”
- 25% Exam
- 3 weeks