The current five commandments of the Church are,
1. You shall attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation.
2. You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
3. You shall receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least once during the Easter season.
4. You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church.
5. You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church.
These five commandments were put in place so people would recognize the authority of the Church. The Church wants people to not forget the basic things they need to do in order to be with God, so they made commandments to remind them, and to keep them doing what they’re doing to become closer to God. https://dol.ca/holy-day, this link goes to the ‘Diocese of London’ website. There it states that the Holy Days of obligation to be observed in Canada are: all Sundays of the year, Christmas Day and the Feast of Mary, Mother of God. The two holy days of obligation that do not always fall on Sundays are, Christmas and Solemnity of Mary, mother of God.