How to set your profile gravatar:
Go to your top right picture and click edit my profile
Go to edit my gravatar
Take a picture
Set it to rated G and there you go
How to change settings that enhance your blog:
- go to your appearance on your sidebar, click customize
- go to the site identity option
- that is where you’ll find the site title and tagline
- and edit it and make it personal
How to activate a jQuery plugin:
- Go to Plugins on your sidebar
- Search JQuery colorbox, press activate
- go to jQuery colorbox settings
- click the first box, then press save changes
how to change your theme:
- go to appearance on your sidebar options
- go to theme in the dropdown menu
- activate your theme when you pick the one you like
how to do widgets:
- go to appearance on your sidebar options
- go to widgets in the dropdown menu
- thats where you find all your widgets, and activate them.
The image in the H
The image in the O
The image in the C
The image in the K
The image in the E
The image in the Y
font so it cuts properly
cutline with selected letters
this is important for the screenshots
1. for my first step, i chose 5 pictures and wrote out the word hockey
2. for my second step, I went to Adobe Photoshop CS4 and pressed file, place, and then put the photo on the document and placed the picture so it was under the word “HOCKEY” and right clicked my mouse on the layer and clicked “Create Clipping Mask.”
3. After step number two, i continued to do it so there was a different photo in each letter of “HOCKEY”
4. When done that, and the whole project, you press select menu and press all and when it selects you click edit copy merged and transfer adobe illustrator.
5. There, I made cutlines by going to the select menu, clicking all and then going to the type menu and clicking create outlines then i went to the object menu clicked path and then offset path, made it -2, round, 4, and clicked ok. There I clicked the letter making the black font invisible, then made a pink outline on it.
For my project I chose a couple who are obviously in love and change the background of the photo. Better known as “Love at First Shot.”
this is the original photo that I got off of the website “Pexels.”
this is the background from the website “Pexels.”
- Get two photos that you like, one being a couple, and the other being the background.
- There are different ways you can do this but the way I did it, I used “Adobe Photoshop CS4. I took one of my images (the couple) and copied it, then pasted it onto the background of the trees. This made it easier for me to trace around the picture of the couple and make it look better when I posted it.
- When done the second step, I made sure I masked the pictures together, by clicking the third button in the one picture.
- When they were masked together, I started to trace the outside of the picture which brought out the background, as well.
- When I was done tracing the outside of the couple, I took a bigger brush and coloured out the rest of the picture. So I mixed the photos together.
I chose this picture of the couple because they look like they’re in love but I also wanted to change the background so it matched the theme of their picture. The toque matches the snow, so I chose to put the snowy trees for that reason.
The assignment I chose to do for my CTS 10 visual assignment is Pick a bad photo, apply a vintage effect and write something in Helvetica.
I chose this assignment because it has a chance to change a bad photo into something meaningful, and better l00king.
My original photo I got off of “Pexels.”
The quote I used for my picture
I changed the photo using the “Old Photo” option on the website “Pixlr.”
- I chose a blurry photo
- I chose a quote that related to the photo
- I applied the quote to my picture
- I changed the pictures filter to helevetica
- I darkened the picture
For this assignment I had to from four and over pictures about what I wanted to do when I’m older, because everyone has something they want to do, some are just too afraid to go out of their comfort zone.
Then I inserted it into my blog.
My first picture is a picture of San Fransisco, which I found on the website “Pexels.” In the hyperlink, is the picture I used showing that I found it on that website. I want to go to San Fransisco because the bridge looks very nice and a lot of my favourite shows are based in San Fransisco.
My second picture is of Niagara Falls, which I also found on the website “Pexels.” In the hyperlink, is the picture I used showing that I found it on that website. I would like to go to Niagara Falls because I like waterfalls, and these ones especially are beautiful.
The third picture on my bucket list is to try every kind of pizza in the world. I found the picture that I used on the same website “Pexels.” In the hyperlink, is the picture I used showing that I found it on that website. I really have a passion for pizza, I honestly love it. It is my favourite food to eat, especially pepperoni and pineapple pizza.
The fourth photo on my bucket list is to visit the elephants in South Africa. This photo is also off the same website, “Pexels.” In the hyperlink, is the picture I used showing that I found it on that website. I would like to visit the elephants because it seems to be a nice experience and I would also like to help the kids in South Africa who face famines and tragic events like that.
For my CTS WeB Design 10 course, I chose to do this visual assignment called colour changing. Assignment details :
Step 1 : I took this picture with my IPhone 6s. The original, unedited version is placed below…
Step 2 : I selected the sky and changed the curves on the picture which made the sky appear darker. Photoshop CS4 -> image -> adjustments -> curves -> dragged the line down.
Step 3 : I selected the snow and changed the vibrancy to 100% vibrance and 100% saturation, which made the snow purple. Photoshop CS4 -> image -> adjustments -> vibrance -> moved the arrow to the right on vibrance and saturation to 100%.
Step 4 : I made touch-ups to the background so the picture looked better and this is my final project.