1. You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall honor me over any other gods.
2. You shall not make for yourself an idol.
- You shall only have me as an idol rather than anyone else.
3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God.
- You shall use the lord’s name the right way and never in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.
- You shall not forget the sabbath day, for you are to keep it holy.
5. Honour your father and your mother.
- You shall not disrespect your mother and your father.
6. You shall not murder.
- You shall love and respect one another
7. You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall respect others relationships and stay true to your spouse.
8. You shall not steal.
- You shall cherish what you already have and what you can afford.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
- You shall treat others with kindness or the way you want to be treated.
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbour.
- You shall be happy for others and what they have instead of being jealous.