- You shall attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation.
2 .You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
3. You shall receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least once during the Easter season.
4. You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church.
5. You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church.
I think the commandments of the church are a good way to become closer to God and learn more. I feel like when they are followed it is respecting God. I understand the commandments as a way to be a good christian and show a good example for younger people. Even if its just doing something simple like going to church that still has an impact on us and God that could mean a lot. By following the commandment of providing the needs for the church can impact by giving a donation to the church that can go towards others such as the food bank or homeless shelter. By giving these donations and following the commandments we can bring ourselves and others closer to God.
The Holy day is Sunday but we also have other holy days that don’t always fall on Sunday. These days are :
- January 1st – The feast of Mary, the mother of God
- 40 days after Easter
- Holy Thursday
- Good Friday
- Ash Wednesday
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- August 15 – Assumption of Mary into heaven
- December 25 – Christmas