- Used a picture off pexel.com
- Used adobe photoshop
- Changed the saturation to -100
- Used colour dodge
- Changed the lighting by using level on the right hand side
- Used two picture from Pexel.com
- Select and copy a part of the parrot
- Paste it on the first picture
- Lined it up with the head of the deer
- Added a mask layer on the second image by right clicking the image and pressing layer mask
- Slowly coloured the head of the deer to reveal the head of the parrot
- Took two pictures from Pexel.com
- Selected half of the first picture and cut it
- Selected the other half of the second picture and paste it on the other half of the first picture
- Used Adjustment to control the colours
- Brightness and Contrast to control the lighting
- Hue and Saturation to control the colour and fade
- Used https://www.pexels.com/photo/art-blank-business-color-139764/ to find my original photo and copied it the URL.
- Passed it on https://pixlr.com/editor/ to edit it to another picture.
- I used https://www.pexels.com/photo/reflection-of-mountains-in-lake-during-sunset-326243/ again to use another picture and copied the URL.
- I used the select tool to cut the pictures inside the picture frame
- Used the select tool again to cut the second picture into 4 different spots
- Paste the pictures inside the picture frame
- Selected the picture frames one by one
- Paste it to the second original picture
- Used free transformation to fit the picture into the frame
Alliteration- “in this thick tangled grass”
In life we come across obstacles, this line about thick tangled grasses could be used as a symbol. There’s a lot of different animals that could be hiding the grass and if we decide to be scared of what might lay in those grass we’ll never be able to accomplish anything. If we decide to keep going and face our fears at the end we’ll become successful by facing our fears and beating the obstacle in our life.
Symbol- “wall of tress”
The wall of tress could symbolize a border in your mind that separates two different ideas or memory apart. In a distance a wall of tress blocks your sight to see the other side but when you get closer you can see the other side around the tress. Our mind is like this when we have a vivid idea or memory it seems like we’ll never know the answer but when start to remember or have a bigger understanding on the idea our minds opens a whole new world.
Personification- “sun painting”
Nature can be so beautiful that we have no words to describe them. We end up giving them action words like “sun painting”, the sun isn’t actually painting but at times the sunrise and sunset are so memorizing. At times we also say this because the sun shines over world that it seems like its painting over us to give us light.
Paradox- “dogs running free”
The dogs aren’t free, they’re still under the control of their master. In this world we all think we’re free but we still need to follow rules and laws that the government puts out for us.
Symbol- boy not wearing shoes
The boy was showing that he had strength and courage by becoming one with the earth. The little rocks and dirt on the ground was making him stronger by overcoming the pain and running over them for miles.
Outwitted- deceived or defeated by a greater force (the dark half of his mind had outwitted)
The protagonist mind was expecting the alarm clock to go off. Which caused half of his mind to be on guard and try to outsmart the alarm clock, this was all because of his conscious. Every person in this world has their own conscious that is always on guard no matter the scenario. After we figure out that somethings gonna happen we tend to be on guard waiting for it to happen.
Skoen- lifeless – a protective covering for the foot: shoe (veld skoen that were crinkled and hard)
After using his shoes so many times to protect his feet from the hot ground. The skoen became so crinkled and hard. This could be compared to the protagonist’s feet, he doesn’t wear his shoes till the ground gets hot. Which means when he gets up in the morning to hunt he doesn’t wear his shoes, exposing his bare feet to the ground. From doing this so many times his feet has become hard and wrinkled due to being exposed to the ground.
Tumult- chaos – a loud, confused noise, especially one caused by a large mass or people – disorder or confusion (He rushed down the vlei under a tumult of crimson and gold)
At the end of the short story the word tumult could be used to describe how the protagonist feels. His life was a chaos he need help, he tried to yell but nothing was coming out of his mouth. Leaving him miserable out in the woods by himself.
Sulkily- anger – be silent, morose, and bad-tempered out of annoyance or disappointment (kicking sulkily at the skeleton)
At the end of the journey of the protagonist he had a terrible temper towards everything around him. He was disappointed with himself because he got himself in trouble by running himself out of breath.
Faltered- fall (he faltered)
This word could describe the protagonist, at the beginning of the story he was proud and felt like he was on top of the world. Near the end of the story his life felt like it was gone in a matter of seconds, he ran himself out of breath becoming helpless in the middle of the forest.
White and black, checked squares hard to see as the same Just like humanity differ from one another Separated by their own ways uniqueness and hobbies Humanity judging each other from their different means Society isn't always kind to us Cruelity is constantly around It's the real world we have to face reality Our dreadful ways embraces us everyday We try hard to push it away But it will always be there
Pain is a sign of great weakness hiding inside me Timorous to show to the world building up hastily Each day I wake up enduring the pain Afraid to fight back not wanting to lose Living my whole life with pain inside Tired of the pain I decided to fight back The light that fades in the distance encourages me to face pain When its all over I'll find prosperity at the end