From my understanding, this entire block of information tells me that in the past days of the church, around the years of the medieval ages, the church had more power compared to the present day because, in the past, many people believed that if they didn’t go to church, they would think that they would go “more than 6 feet under” or in simpler terms, hell. But today, when people go to the church today, they always have the choice to go to church because the church did not have the authority and power to force people as they did back in the medieval ages. Another comparison between the medieval ages church and the present day of the church were that the medieval ages were greedier than the present church, they got very rich because they would sell tithes and indulgences to people as a way to “Get out of hell” when you do a sin.
1. You shall attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation.
2. You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
3. You shall receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least once during the Easter season.
4. You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church.
5. You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church.