Read about the situation below and complete the assignment that follows.
Imagine that you are Kim Green applying for one of the four jobs listed below. Robin Thornton is the person at the Hillcrest Job Centre who processes the applications for these jobs.
Summer Jobs Available
- Playground Program Assistant – assist with activities for seven-to-ten-year-old children
- Senior Citizen’s assistant – assist with the needs and activities of seniors in a centre or in the community
- Fast Food Restaurant Employee – prepare food, serve customers, clear tables
- Landscaping Assistant – plant flowers and shrubs; cut and rake lawns
Write a business letter to Robin Thornton in which you apply for the job you have selected. (Select only one from the list above.)
When writing, be sure to
- identify the job for which you are applying
- explain what knowledge, skills, or experience you have that might be relevant to the job
- sign your letter Kim Green – do not sign your own name
- organize your thoughts appropriately in sentences and paragraphs
- use vocabulary that is appropriate and effective
- address the envelope
Note: The information you make up about Kim Green must be realistic for a Grade 9 student. Kim Green lives at 42 Wallaby Way in the city of Springfield, Alberta. Kim Green’s postal code is A3Z 1N9. The Hillcrest Job Centre is also in Springfield: 16961 61st Street, A5T 6P2.