In recognition of “Pink Shirt Day” …
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Add a jerk to your story.
Here are some suggestions …
- Jerks are mean – have the jerk get our attention by saying or doing things to your protagonist that are upsetting.
- Jerks ignore us – have your jerk ignore the protagonist but pay attention to someone else. Have the Jerk only pretend to listen and act like your protagonist doesn’t even exist.
- Jerks make us feel stupid – have your jerk make comments about what your protagonist says that makes him/her feel stupid.
- Jerks are sneaky – have your jerk act all nice to others or around teachers or adults and then have the jerk do something that only the protagonist sees when no one else is looking.
- Jerks lie – have your jerk try and make someone look bad to make themselves look better by lying.