If you saw my second project for media, which was a logo, I am going to use that for my t-shirt project.
I am not entirely sure of what was done, but basically there were pixels within the logo that I had, so Mr. Sader did some complicated things and fixed it.
After all that, he selected pathfinder, and this will allow the printer to know where to cut. At the end of the class, I saved the image of the selected pathfinder onto the desktop.
You can see one of the problems in this photo of my logo. The cutline wasn’t outlined around the entire tree.
During the making of the logo, Mr. Sader found a problem with my logo, since I had those artistic lines on it, there was confusion on where the printer was going to cut line on. The first batch of stickers had a minor problem to it. The original cutline was to have the printer cut all around, but on one side of the sticker, it didn’t happen.
Coming back from winter break, the error was corrected and we printed again.
To make the t-shirt, you need to manually pull the white plastic background off the logo with a little hooking tool. We then used “masking tape” to then pull off one of the design logo (we made six logos in total). The t-shirt making machine had to be turned on to 330, and then the t-shirt itself had to be heated for approximately 8-10 few seconds. Next, we took the masking tape with my logo, and placed it onto the shirt for the machine to heat. After that, we remove it, and placed a square of parchment paper on top to properly seal it. When you’re done, it’s important for that the t-shirt will lay flat so it won’t wrinkle while it’s still warm.