View one or two news programs over several days, making note of the types of stories that are covered and how they are reported. Prepare an argument to support or refute the assertion that mass broadcasters are “pessimistic” and “tend, especially in news shows, to view the world with alarm.”
Respond to the following:
- What are some things that could cause a fight between two people your age?
- Describe a person you know who is always looking for a fight. What are his/her characteristics?
- Describe a person you know who never wants to fight under any circumstances. What are his/her characteristics?
- What conversation might occur between a person seeking a fight and a person wishing to avoid a fight? What argument finally decides whether they do or do not fight?
- How do you feel about fighting as a way of settling differences?